[Zope-CMF] Re: Some first steps with CMF2

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Mar 1 03:58:51 EST 2006

Hi David!

David Pratt wrote:
> Hi Yuppie. Is there some interest in having CPSSkins V3 work together
> with CMF in the new release? The CMF on its own is still very nice
> framework but it would be nice if it was usable with a new skin.
> CPSSkins V3 is ZPL. The old default templates are really not pretty but
> CPSSkins could give CMF on its own a new life don't you think?

The out of the box appearance of CMFDefault isn't sexy at all, but if
you replace main_template and the stylesheet with your own versions it
doesn't look that bad.

> What it
> is missing is a Five bridge. Is this something that we could make
> happen. I am willing to help (but my ZCML knowledge is not particularly
>  great at this stage). I am not sure when the final CMF 2.0.0 but it
> would be a real milestone if we could give CMF a new exterior for it's
> debut as 2.0.

I'm afraid you need a bit more patience. There are many things I'm
missing in CMF 2.0, but CMF 2.0 will not be the last CMF release.

If someone figures out what's necessary to use CPSSkins V3 with
CMFDefault we might be able to add the necessary hooks in CMF.

Cheers,

	Yuppie