[Zope-CMF] Fighting the Zope 2.9 testrunner

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 02:54:09 EST 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

>  From the old testrunner, which I miss *a lot*, I could ensure I am
> indeed running a specific module by doing...

Yup, this is one of the things I like least from the Zope 3 world. What
happened to proposals and community agreement before inflicting big
changes on other people who're trying to help out?

I particularly hate the fact that no real effort was put into backwards
compatibility, not to mention those silly weird
sort-of-fifty-dots-per-line thing that doesn't actually work.

My other big bug bear is what I've read about make-make-install no
longer working in 2.9. Why on earth was this just broken without any
thought to the vast number of people who rely on this as a simple way to
quickly get a new release onto a number of boxes?

I've been very happy to see the majority of the stuff in Zope 3, but it
seems some things like this are getting rushed through without a lot of
thought and consideration, which seems very un-zope-3 to me :-(

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk