[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] five_template slots

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Mar 26 04:19:20 EST 2006

Hi Lennart!

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 3/25/06, yuppie <y.2006_-E2EsyBC0hj3+aS/vkh9bjw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Because 'css_slot' never existed in CMF, it's even gone in CPS.
>
> OK, then it's bug.
>
>> Using
>> nonexistent slots doesn't raise errors so it might not be that obvious,
>> but the content of 'style_slot' gets lost if it is mapped to 'css_slot'.
>
> Strange, works for me here and now. I use style_slot in my templates
> for CalZope, and they work fine in CPS 3.4.

Yes. That is strange. You were lobbying for replacing the old CMF
five_template by the CMFonFive five_template and after it was added to
CMF 2.0 you removed it from CMFonFive 1.3.

Now you wonder why CalZope works with CPS 3.4. It's because CPS 3.4 uses
the old CMF five_template from CMF 1.6, not the broken CMFonFive
template that was added to CMF 2.0.

My question is now: Do we really need the CMF-specific slots in the
five_template? Or can we switch back to the old CMF five_template that
seems to work fine for CalZope and CPS 3.4? (With the modification that
CMF 2.0 main_templates have to provide a 'body' slot.)

Cheers,

	Yuppie