[Zope-CMF] Re: Views not found

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Mar 28 17:58:12 EST 2006

On 28 Mar 2006, at 23:46, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Really, *neither* product should have a 'browser:defaultSkin'
> directive
> in its configure.zcml:  that directive belongs only in the user's
> site.zcml, or *maybe* in a slug in 'package-includes':  it is
> "pure" policy.

OK, so I'd be +1 on removing that in CMFDefault/skin/configure.zcml
and documenting the way these are "turned on".

I'm coming up against the next item, which is "how to correctly refer
to a layer defined somewhere else". In CMFCalendar, I need to make
sure the skin layers for CMFDefault  are also available. There seem
to be two routes I could choose:

- - define my own cmfcalendar skin and layer. Declare it as a
combination of layers cmfcalendar, cmf and default.

- - stick my views directly into layer "cmf" and don't worry about
defining my own layeer or skin.

Both ways require that I refer to layers defined in CMFDefault/
browser/configure.zcml. I tried them both, but always get errors
where parsing my configure.zcml blows up trying to resolve the "cmf"
layer name. Here's the examples:

- - Stick my views into the "cmf" layer in browser/configure.zcml:

   <browser:page
       for="Products.CMFCalendar.interfaces.IEvent"
       name="view.html"
       class=".event.EventView"
       template="templates/event.pt"
       permission="zope2.View"
       layer="cmf"
       />

- - Define my own layer and skin, and mix in the "cmf" layer in skin/
configure.zcml:

   <browser:layer
       name="cmfcalendar"
       />

   <browser:skin
       name="cmfcalendar"
       layers="cmfcalendar cmf default"
       />

Both lead to errors like this:

<snip>
     ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'layer', "ImportError:
Couldn't import cmf, No module named cmf")

jens