[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF providing support for add forms?

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed May 31 11:39:30 EDT 2006

Hi!

Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Rocky Burt wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if CMF does or is planning on implementing support for
>> add forms for content.  If so, would someone mind explaining how it
>> works?  If not, why not? :)
>
> not that Yuppie mentioned this explicitly but my feeling is that
> his recent proposal "using newstyle content factories" on this
> list is aming at adopting/supporting content generation in the
> Zope 3 way which would include add forms (among other things). Yuppie?

It's aiming in that direction, but it's just one piece of the puzzle.

The next step I have in mind is replacing big parts of the factory code
by 'added' event handlers. That would make the portal type factory
itself much simpler and easier to use with add forms.

Tres wrote a prototype for a ViewTypeInformation:
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/437
But I don't know how far he got with his experiments.

Cheers,

	Yuppie