[Zope-CMF] Re: Tools as local utilities

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Nov 14 05:41:25 EST 2006

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> So I'm currently stealing^H^H^H^H^H^H^H integrating Hanno's code from
> GSLocalAddons into CMFCore and CMFDefault.

AFAICS GSLocalAddons doesn't depend on CMF and might be useful for other
projects as well. Don't know if you did that already, but please add the
code to GenericSetup, not CMFCore.

I think this is a good time to create a maintenance branch for
GenericSetup 1.2 and to make the GenericSetup trunk depend on Zope 2.10.

> I'm running into an issue
> with the site/site manager registration, though. It does not work when
> instantiating the site, but it does when going to the setup tool in the
> newly created site afterwards and telling it to import all steps.
>
> Analogous to the way it is done in Plone I have parked the site/site
> manager stuff in CMFDefault.setuphandlers.importVarious for now, [...]

Since CMF site roots have anyway their own class, I think we should
hardcode the Zope 3 site stuff. I only had a quick look at the code so I
might be missing something, but implementing this in PortalObjectBase
seems to be quite easy. And we would neither need to use importVarious
nor to write migration code.

Just my 2 cents,

	Yuppie