[Zope-CMF] Re: Getting started with CMF

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Fri Nov 24 10:22:17 EST 2006

Am 24.11.2006 um 16:00 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:

>> This all begs the question that if, as Jens suggests, file system
>> is the way to go, surely this process can be automated when
>> creating a portal?
>
> Why? Not everyone who creates a portal wants to develop filesystem
> products.

I was extrpolating from your previous post about the correct way to
do customisation:

"""Or, and this is the more complicated but "right" way to do it, you
create a filesystem product with a filesystem skin folders and
maintain your new main_template on the file system."""

> By the way, *any* code that has unexpected consequences (like
> "creating a portal in the ZODB will create stuff on the file
> system") is insidious and broken by design.

Agreed but if the consequences are explicit and not unexpected? If
customisation through file system is indeed the right way then I
don't see why this would be unexpected.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark