[Zope-CMF] Re: SVN: CMF/branches/1.6/ Use GenericSetup 1.2 branch.

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Nov 27 09:08:05 EST 2006

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>
> But CMF 1.6.0 was released before 1.1, even::
>
>  $ svn propget svn:externals $ZSVN/CMF/tags/1.6.0
>  GenericSetup svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/GenericSetup/tags/1.1-beta
>
> We shouldn't move the 1.6 release line to a newer GenericSetup release,
> at least without a really good reason.

I don't remember who made that decision and why, but CMF 1.6.1 and 1.6.2
were released with a newer version. I don't think we can revert that
decision for CMF 1.6.3.

> I think we should be *trying* to keep the CMF pointed at released
> versions of GS, and should definitely delay making CMF releases until we
> can tie them to a tagged release of GS.  Dependencies which are released
> separately need to be managed with more care.

I'm fine with requiring tagged GS releases for CMF *releases*. But
sometimes it is useful to link unreleased CMF branches to unreleased
GenericSetup versions. This helps to avoid problems caused by stitching
in new versions right before a release.

Cheers,

	Yuppie