[Zope-CMF] [dev] _checkEmail issues

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:08:10 EDT 2006

Agreed that it's too restrictive.  FWIW we have been using this in
production.  It was based on careful checking of the various RFCs
(though I've just noticed it should also restrict the domain name to
255 characters):

_email_rgx = re.compile(r'^([A-Za-z0-9!#$%&\'*+-/=?^_`{|}~][A-Za-z0-9!#$%&\'*+-/

Seb