[Zope-CMF] retrieve memberdata

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Oct 20 13:45:41 EDT 2006

--On 20. Oktober 2006 18:46:08 +0200 fabio gravina
<fabio.gravina at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've add some memberdata in the portal_memberdata, and than i've modify
> the
> join_form to make possible the user insert this info.
> But i'm not sure that this info is correctly stored because when i do:
> i.e
>
> user = portal_membership.getMemberById('username')
> print user.borndate

Well, you might check the APIs before doing trial&error programming

member = portal_membership.getMemberById(memberid)
member.setMemberProperties()
member.getProperty(property_name)

are the related API calls *and* the properties *must be configured*
as properties through the ZMI in portal_memberdata. *And* you must be
Manager in order to use getMemberById(). Use proxy roles if necessary.

-aj