[Zope-CMF] [dev] GenericSetup: profile version and metadata.xml

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Dec 5 16:10:55 EST 2007

Previously yuppie wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Running the trunk unit tests triggers warnings like this one:
> "UserWarning: Version for profile Products.GenericSetup:default taken
> from version.txt. This is deprecated behaviour: please specify the
> version in metadata.xml."
>
> I like the fact that using version.txt for the profile version is
> deprecated. But you now get always a deprecation warning if no
> metadata.xml exists in the profile. Is that intended? Is specifying a
> version now required?

It isn't required - it is fine if a profile has no version. What I did
is add a deprecation warning when the profile metadata did not specify
a version and the version was read from a version.txt file. If you have
no version.txt you will not see the deprecation warning.

I agree the deprecation warnings are annoying in the tests, but I could
not come up with a proper alternative.

Wichert.