[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] GenericSetup: using global steps

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Dec 20 06:37:47 EST 2007

Hi!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously yuppie wrote:
>> GenericSetup trunk has global step registries. I propose to use the new
>> ZCML directive for registering all GenericSetup and CMF import and
>> export steps globally. And to remove the import_steps.xml and
>> export_steps.xml files from the profiles shipped with CMF.
>>
>> This also requires to add a flag file for the 'various' step.
>>
>> I already started implementing this. If there are no objections, I'll
>> soon check in my changes.
>
> +1
>
> there is one thing missing at the moment: unregistering the old
> profile-registered steps. I'm not sure what the right way to do that is.

listExportSteps() and getSortedImportSteps() now have unit tests and no
longer return duplicates. AFAICS we now have a clean override behavior
and nothing breaks if the same step is registered locally *and* globally.

But I agree there should be a way to remove obsolete and broken local
steps. A method that removes local duplicates of global steps and a
method that removes broken steps would be useful. Not sure if they
should be run automatically or if there should be a cleanup button in
the UI.

Cheers,

	Yuppie