[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup "rolemap" importer does not register new permissions

Damien Baty (ML) damien at pilotsystems.net
Wed Dec 26 19:49:17 EST 2007

	Hello,

Le 10/12/07 14:11, Laurence Rowe a écrit :
> Damien Baty (ML) wrote:
>>     Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to use GenericSetup to define permissions/roles
>> mappings for a product. As far as I can see, the current version of
>>  GenericSetup does not register the permission if it does not
>> exist. It supposes that the permission exists and calls
>> 'manage_permission()'. Naturally, it breaks with new (unregistered)
>> permissions.
>> [...]
>
> Can you not simply define the permission itself in zcml:
>
>   <permission
>     id="my.package.SomePermission"
>     title="My Package: Some permission"
>     />
>
> I _think_ that should then let you then import a rolemap for it.

   As Wichert noted, this does not work.

> (IMO it's a good thing that importing a rolemap for an unregistered
> raises an error - imagine chasing an error because you have put 'List
> Folder Contents' instead of 'List folder contents' in your
> rolemap.xml)

   Good point. I can imagine that very well, indeed. :)

   For the record, I have proposed a patch that let us automatically
register a permission if the profile explicitly asks for it, with
something like:

     <permission name="My new permission"
                   register="True">
       <role name="Manager"/>

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/178810

	Regards,

--
Damien Baty
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris - France