[Zope-CMF] Re: Tools as local utilities

Rocky rocky at serverzen.com
Tue Feb 6 12:41:07 EST 2007

On Feb 5, 5:40 pm, Jens Vagelpohl <j... at dataflake.org> wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2007, at 19:43, Rocky Burt wrote:
> > On Feb 2, 4:41 pm, Jens Vagelpohl <j... at dataflake.org> wrote:
> >> OK, sounds good, I misunderstood your email. I suppose the last bit
> >> left to do now is the custom site manager. Rocky? :)
>
> > Yep, looks like I'll be starting on five.localsitemanager pretty
> > soon.  Although I didn't see if we decided anywhere how that would get
> > included with CMF (with plone it's pretty simple as we already
> > distribute python/lib stuff).
>
> Not knowing any better I was assuming there'd be a Zope 2-style
> product, which we could pull in as a SVN external?

Hm... well, as long as I avoid absolute imports in
five.localsitemanager there's no reason it couldn't be included into a
CMF product (perhas CMFCore ?) via svn:externals.  That's not
something I'm particularly fond of but I'm not against it.

But as time moves on this is going to become more and more of an issue
for CMF (code that isn't expected to live in Products/).

- Rocky