[Zope-CMF] Re: Five's local sitemanager, CMF, etc

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Feb 23 06:10:51 EST 2007

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2007, at 00:39, Rocky wrote:
>> So... what's next?
>
> Figuring out how to deal with existing sites that need to be modified on
> the fly somehow so they don't break completely.

I propose to hardcode PortalObjectBase as IObjectManagerSite. AFAICS
getSiteManager() could create a component registry on the fly if
necessary. So for that part we would neither need the new code in
importVarious nor migration code.

For registering the tools as utilities you still need to run the
componentregistry import step. I would not use on-the-fly magic for that
part, I think people should do that explicitly.

Cheers,

	Yuppie