[Zope-CMF] Re: Five's local sitemanager, CMF, etc

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Feb 23 07:26:52 EST 2007

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> After reading Phillip's book I really like Zope 3 generations, but I
> have no idea if that mechanism could be used at all.

I had a look at it and started thinking about a CMFish version. The main
challenge is that generates just get the app root as a handle, so you can't
do migrations per-site, and you have to traverse the ZODB looking for CMF
sites to migrate.

For Plone, the portal_migrations tool manages migrations. They are
explicitly invoked by the user.

Martin