[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF 2.1] FSPageTemplate & Unicode

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Jan 6 17:06:15 EST 2007

Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> The idea is to use a specialized persistent component registry, that
> does the needed AQ-wrapping.
>
> This will however only give us AQ-wrapped local utilities, whereas those
> registered with the global component registry wouldn't be wrapped. I
> think this might be an acceptable trade-off.

Are you sure? Does *every* local utility want an aq wrapper?

I'm not even sure if tools that are well-written (do not rely on
acquiring things from 'self') need to do so except for security when
called TTW, in which case getToolBy(Interface)Name will do the trick.

Bluntly adding acquisition like this seems like a step in the wrong
direction, imho.

If we *know* that *every* local utility needs this, then it's a pretty
elegant solution. I would like some assurances from Tres, Philipp or
others for that, though.

Martin