[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF 2.1] FSPageTemplate & Unicode

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 7 15:43:18 EST 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote at 2007-1-6 22:22 +0000:
>  - Registering the portal as a utility that can be obtained by
>getUtility(IPortalRoot) is pretty good practice; in my estimation, that
>should solve all the use cases for utilities where acquisition is used
>now and where we're not really after an adapter, view.

But the returned object is almost worthless, if it is not
acquistion wrapped (otherwise, it is not even able to determine its
'getPhysicalPath' or 'absolute_url').

Thus, the proposal exhibits an essential example that local
utilities should be returned acquisition wrapped (if the have an '__of__'
method).

--
Dieter