[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: [CMF 2.1] PersistentComponents is not enough

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Tue Jan 9 07:26:33 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-01 at 08:55 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> - -10 on anything that changes the deployment scenario from the current
> "copy the contents of the tarball into your Products folder".

We were faced with the same issue with Plone.  Do we make installation
slightly more complicated by saying...
  1) copy all products/* into your instances Products directory
  2) copy all python-lib/* into your instances lib/python directory

In the end the need to make Plone more "regular python" weighed in an we
went ahead and opted for the more complicated process.

As time goes on and Zope plays with python "sensibly" more and more,
this will become more and more of an issue for CMF as well.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
News About The Server (blog) -- http://www.serverzen.net