[Zope-CMF] Re: [GenericSetup] One profile for different GS versions

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Jul 18 15:20:54 EDT 2007

--On 18. Juli 2007 19:08:00 +0000 Maurits van Rees
<m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Andreas Jung, on 2007-07-18:
>> I have an extension  profile that works with Plone 3.0 (basically
>> modifying =
>>
>> portal_skins and portal_actions). For Plone 2.5 compatibility my=20
>> actions.xml and skins.xml need to be different because the XML structure
>> is =
>>
>> different between. What is the best approach for maintaining XML files
>> for=20 both Plone 2.5 and Plone 3.0 in one profile (at least within the
>> same source tree)?
>
> There might be some support for conditions in some of the xml files,
> but I am not aware of any.

For portal_skins you can keep skins.xml (for Plone 3.0) and skins_2.5.xml
(for Plone 2.5) within the default profile. Since the meta_type for
portal_skins differs between Plone 2.5 and Plone 3.0 GS seems to pick up
the right one in both cases. Unfortunatly this is not the case for
portal_actions where the meta_type is identical in both Plone versions and
at least the actions.xml (Plone 3.0) shadows actions_2.5.xml.

-aj