[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup extension profile import step mis-feature

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Jul 31 07:58:58 EDT 2007

Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:

> yuppie-3 wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >

> > The proposed solution doesn't work:
> >
> > The ImportStepRegistry is not only used for imports - it is also used
> > for creating new 'import_steps.xml' files for exports.
> >
> > Exported profiles are always base profiles, they have to specify *all*
> > import handlers used for creating the site.
> >

> Right, that's fine. I think the current export functionality is right.

I think it's wrong :) The export functionality suffers from the same
problen as the import functionality: the export steps defined in
extension profiles are only used if they have been selected once.
In other words: it is just as unpredictable.

I like Yvo's idea of make import and export registration global instead
of per-profile.

Wichert.