[Zope-CMF] is there a conflict error resistent index

Joachim Schmitz js at aixtraware.de
Sat Jun 16 07:35:51 EDT 2007

hi,

during our recent search for the cause of the many conflict errors, we
discovered that nearly all of them where caused during indexing the
portal_catalog, when the same values are indexed. This can happen easily
with date_indexes, since the dates are only stored with a resolution of
1 minute. Even more conflict error prone is the reviewstate. Since there
are only a few reviewstates.

In all cases there is actually an easy conflict resolution strategy,
when two transactions try to change into the same review_state at the
same time both object_ids must be stored in the index.

Did someone write such an index, or can someone give hints howto write
such an index.

--
Gruß Joachim