[Zope-CMF] Re: five.localsitemanager may not do the trick

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jun 21 16:30:25 EDT 2007

Hi!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I spoke briefly with Balasz today and he mentioned that using
> five.localsistemanager may not be a solution to our problem. If I
> understand everything correctly the way KSS is setup is that it has its
> own site manager on the view which is being called. That means that the
> context for the site manager is the view instead of the 'normal'
> context. So if they use five.lsm the tools will be wrapped in the view
> instead of the correct context.
>
> Does anyone see a way to fix that?

Is this the "Acquisition Context with Nested Sites" problem tested here?
http://svn.zope.org/five.localsitemanager/trunk/src/five/localsitemanager/localsitemanager.txt?rev=76426&view=auto

hannosch and I have been working on a fix for this at the
CMF-mini-sprint in Potsdam. I reverted the changes we made temporarily
because our code cached REQUEST objects as part of the wrappers.

Right now I'm working on fixing the REQUEST issue by removing the
REQUEST from the wrapper and making sure CMF doesn't register tools as
utilities that depend on REQUEST in the wrapper.

If that is done, I plan to restore the changes that make the test pass:
http://svn.zope.org/five.localsitemanager/trunk/src/five/localsitemanager/registry.py?rev=76442&view=auto

Cheers,

	Yuppie