[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] five.localsitemanager: proposal

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Jun 25 15:25:42 EDT 2007

Am 23.06.2007 um 14:53 schrieb yuppie:

> This proposal is now implemented on CMF and five.localsitemanager
> trunk. Everything *seems* to work, but maybe I'm missing something.
> This might be a good time to review and test the changes - any
> feedback is welcome.
>

> Done:
> -----
>
> There are 10 tools in CMF that are not ready for being used as
> utilities, they have to be used the old way until they are fixed:
>
> content_type_registry
> cookie_authentication
> portal_actions
> portal_calendar
> portal_catalog
> portal_skins
> portal_types
> portal_uidhandler
> portal_url
> portal_workflow

Taking you up on the *any* feedback thing. I have a skin script that
uses the portal_catalog traditionally via getToolByName. I don't know
how to use getUtility from within a script but getToolByComponentName
raises

Error Type: ComponentLookupError
Error Value: ICatalogTool

As I don't like getting deprecation errors I've changed tack and have
moved to context.portal_catalog...

I've just been through most of the e-mails on this subject and I
didn't end up feeling much the wiser except that the idea to move to
utilities doesn't seem to be as smooth as initially envisioned.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20