[Zope-CMF] Re: tools-as-utilities, merging, releasing, etc

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Mar 1 11:36:17 EST 2007

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2007, at 15:14, Rocky wrote:
>
>> Now that I have completed the primary functionality for
>> five.localsitemanager it seems to me that the CMF
>> jens_tools_as_utilities branch should be ready for merging into trunk
>> in anticipation of the of the next cmf 2.1 alpha/beta release.
>
> It's ready for merging when we have a story for existing sites, meaning
> a clear migration path. I was going to do some simple testing closer to
> this weekend (busy until then) and do a simple script that can be run
> via zopectl run and document it if no one else has a better idea or
> steps up.
>
> My assumption here is that the script needs to do two things for each
> CMF Site encountered in the ZODB:
>
> - - create the new magic component registry
>
> - - duplicate tool registration as done by the GS componentregistry step
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

I resolved the first part some days ago:

http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=72782

But I'm not sure if "notify(BeforeTraverseEvent(self, REQUEST))" is in
the right place. Maye it should just be called by PortalObjectBase, not
by all DynamicType subclasses.

BTW: While fixing the tests a month ago I made two quick and dirty
changes, adding some XXX comments:

- in SkinnableObjectManager http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=72251

- in PropertiesTool http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=72252

Maybe someone can work on a more sophisticated solution and tests?

Cheers,

	Yuppie