[Zope-CMF] Re: tools-as-utilities, merging, releasing, etc

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Mon Mar 5 15:01:40 EST 2007

Hi,

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> My checkins today addressed at least the second change set you list by
> making the site itself a utility and looking it up that way. The
> additional wrapping is gone as well.

I tested the branch again against the current Plone trunk and found no
branch related problems, except one small glitch in our testing
infrastructure which causes three tests to fail (it's missing the
setSite() call somewhere). This can be easily fixed by us.

I have already updated the current Plone trunk to set up a component
registry based on five.localsitemanager and added the migration steps to
register all the tools as utilities, as well as addding those to our
base profile. So once the branch is merged at least Plone will work
straight away.

While my vote might not count much, I'd give a +1 to merging the branch
and release a beta including it.

Hanno