[Zope-CMF] Re: Delete trouble

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Mar 26 16:17:00 EDT 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote at 2007-3-25 12:46 +0100:
>I agree, except I think there could potentially be lots of places where
>this could be happening. In the general case, it's probably safe for
>that code to assume the utility is there, and treat it as an error if
>it's not, but during site deletion, it is probably at the mercy of the
>order of deletions. At least that's my guess.

I would not find is a good approach, if exceptions were silently
suppressed.

If we know that during deletions exceptional cases could happen,
we should inform the component lookup process that we are doing
deletions such that it can be less strict in its behaviour.

However, usually the "I am going to be deleted" event is
signalled before the actual deletion takes place. Therefore, the
event processing still should find all utilities around.

--
Dieter