[Zope-CMF] reindexObject updates modification time?

Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting darryl.dixon at winterhouseconsulting.com
Mon May 28 06:30:35 EDT 2007

Hi Stefan,

The version of clearFindAndRebuild in CMFPlone 2.1.3 calls
reindexObject(), but I see that in the HEAD (and presumably 2.5.x) it has
been changed to simply indexObject(). Presumably this change is in direct
response to the fact that reindexObject() touches the modification
time...? Which lends even more weight to my original query - why on earth
does reindexObject() update the modification time?  I can see utterly no
reason why it should...

regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd