[Zope-CMF] regarding REQUEST

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Wed Sep 12 02:52:28 EDT 2007

mrajasekhar schrieb:
> def fun1(self):
>      REQUEST=self.REQUEST
>      fun2=self.veiws.fun3
>      return fun2(self,REQUEST=REQUEST)
>
> what is the meaning of REQUEST=self.REQUEST in the above function.what
> is it doing and iam returning fun2 to the browser
> please explain me in detail

this is such a basic question, that I higly recommend that you look at
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition

in short: the request is a dictionary like object that gives access to
all data pertaining to the communication between the client and the server.

you can easily have a detailed look at it with a page template like the
following:

hth
robert