[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] newstyle content creation

yuppie y.2008 at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Apr 22 11:24:04 EDT 2008

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 22.04.2008 um 14:27 schrieb yuppie:
>> Today I checked in a formlib based add view for File objects[3]. There
>> is a new "Add File" action available if you use the "Experimental
>> CMFDefault Browser Views" extension profile.
>>
>> Any feedback is welcome. Not sure if this makes Bug #161664[4] obsolete.
>

> This is excellent news! I have been struggling considerably with
> invokeFactory() on a recent project.
>
> Does this mean we can develop add_forms analogue to Zope 3?

Yes. Similar code as used for creating File objects should work for any
content. But ContentAddFormBase is new and not very well tested, so you
might find some bugs.

Note that the add view is registered for the container interface, not
IAdding. zope.formlib still uses IAdding by default, but z3c.form doesn't.

> And do I get the goodies just with an svn update?

Yes. Missing is the integration in the CMFDefault add menu. For now the
new 'add_file' action is used for showing the link to 'addFile.html'.

Cheers, Yuppie