[Zope-CMF] Alternative base profiles

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Feb 7 16:47:44 EST 2008

Dear all,

at a snail's pace I'm approaching an understanding of the CMF!
Actually, that's not entirely true, but coming from the ZMI world I'm
still learning quite how much there is to learn!

How do I go about creating a different base as opposed to an extension
profile? eg. A site which only allows Documents and Images
I've sussed that

   <genericsetup:registerProfile
       name="charlie"
       title="Charlies Site"
       description="Profile for a default CMFSite."
       provides="Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.EXTENSION"
       for="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.ISiteRoot"
       />

needs the provides directive removing and genericsetup XML files need
creating in the profiles/charlie folder and I can create a site like
this *but* I'm missing something fairly crucial as I get the following
error when I try and look at the site:

"You have not created any users in this Zope instance. In order to log
in and manage this Zope instance, you'll need to add an adminstrative
user account"

NB. this is only for this site - the Zope Instance is fine as are any
sites based on CMFDefault. Apart from the Members folder created by
the setuphandlers.py script I can't see any difference between the two
sites and there profiles although there obviously is.

Also: does <html metal:use-macro="context/@@standard_macros/page"> in
a browser view template refer to
Products.CMFDefault.skin.five_template ? As a bridge between CMF skins
and browser views?

As always, thanks!

Charlie
--