[Zope-CMF] Re: Adapterizing CMFCore.WorkflowTool

yuppie y.2008 at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Jan 8 14:27:42 EST 2008

Hi Laurence!

Laurence Rowe wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>> Now I see why you didn't propose named adapters. But I'm still not
>> happy with adapting (IContentish, basestring). Did you consider to add
>> getId() to IWorkflowDefinition and to adapt (IContentish,
>> IWorkflowDefinition)?
>
> Then I don't see how you would register adapter for a specific (TTW or
> generic setup defined) workflow.
>
> Perhaps a named adapter lookup falling back to a plain adapter lookup is
> the best solution?

All the solutions you propose to solve this look a bit like a hack to me
- I guess because you want to use adapters for something they are not
designed for. AFAICT the default pattern for adapting specific objects
is to use marker interfaces.

Why do we need a different solution for workflows?

(Sorry for not answering earlier.)

Cheers,

	Yuppie