[Zope-CMF] Re: Custom factories?

yuppie y.2008 at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Mar 4 11:13:26 EST 2008

Charlie Clark wrote:

> Am 03.03.2008 um 23:45 schrieb yuppie:
>
>> Do you mean you use different meta types for one class? There should
>> not be a need for that. One meta type can be used for several portal
>> types.
>
> That's good to hear - how do I register different portal types? I've
> just been experimenting with stuff and found I needed to have different
> meta types for them all to show up in the "add" view for folders.

There is no new way to register them. Portal types are still persistent
sub-objects of the types tool. You can import them from a GenericSetup
profile or add them TTW.

'Product meta type' has to be the meta type of the class created by
'Product factory'. If you have the permission to add that class, you
should be able to add all portal types based on that class.

HTH, Yuppie