[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup 1.4 release

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Fri Mar 7 11:28:20 EST 2008

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> There's an egg with version 0.3 on the cheeseshop, is that an acceptable
> version? I simply linked in what I had here from the current CMFCore
> trunk, but that external is against the five.localsitemanager trunk and
> the package itself contains no version information whatsoever
> (documentation foul!).

The CMF 2.1 branch uses the five.lsm 0.3 tag, which is identical to the
trunk, except that trunk states it is going to be version 0.4.

On PyPi there are both an egg as well as a source distribution for the
0.3 release.

The CMF trunk currently points to the five.lsm trunk, which doesn't have
a version information inside it, as it only uses a part of the actual
package. The version information is in the root setup.py, whereas CMF
only pulls in the src/five/localsitemanager part of it.

Why did we do the above at all? Because we didn't want to require anyone
to install a package for the CMF 2.1 line on top of extracting the
tarball into the Products folder. For CMF trunk I personally think it is
OK, to state a proper dependency in setup.py for both CMF and
GenericSetup now and remove the five.lsm inclusion hack from CMFCore.

Hanno