[Zope-CMF] Re: License file question

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu May 29 09:24:53 EDT 2008

Wichert Akkerman, on 2008-05-29:
> I'm not sure what you mean. The basic algorihm is:
>
> - MANIFEST is used to determine what is installed, or
> - subversion workingcopy information is used to determine what is installed, or
> - a default ruleset is used
>
> This algorithm is used at the moment a 'binary installation' is made,
> which is either when you build an egg using setup.py bdist_egg or when
> you install an egg from source (ie from a sdist or an unpacked tree).

I think we mean the same. :-) I was not sure whether you were implying
that there is a difference between a bdist_egg and an sdist that is
easy installed.  Apparently you agree that there is no difference,
with or without a MANIFEST.in.

Well, there is the point of C extensions perhaps, where at least for
Windows users a compiled, windows-specific binary egg is good to
have.  For all other use cases an sdist is fine.  At least that seems
to be the current train of throught in the Grokiverse.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/