[Zope-CMF] Missing Event Handler for CMFCatalogAware

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Nov 11 05:26:29 EST 2008

Am 29.10.2008 um 16:53 schrieb yuppie:

> I don't think so. OFS.interfaces.IObjectWillBeRemovedEvent is derived
> from OFS.interfaces.IObjectWillBeMovedEvent. So these lines in
> handleContentishEvent() should unindex the object:
>

>     elif IObjectWillBeMovedEvent.providedBy(event):
>         if event.oldParent is not None:
>             ob.unindexObject()

You are, of course, right and there is a test which tests just this
feature.  Digging around I've realised that this is because I have
folderish objects which inherit from PortalFolder which explicitly
deactivates the ICMFCatalogAware methods. Is there any point in
implementing ICMFCatalogAware or IWorkflowAware for Folders? What
would we break if we removed the dependency?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20