[Zope-CMF] CMFActionIcons vs. new-style actions

yuppie y.2008 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Sep 18 08:03:41 EDT 2008

Hi Wichert!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously yuppie wrote:
>> I personally prefer to move all type info Actions to the actions tool. I
>> can't see a need to specify separate 'view', 'edit' or 'metadata'
>> Actions for each content type. That just makes it necessary to maintain
>> a lot of redundant configuration data. In how many places did you have
>> to set "string:${portal_url}/edit_icon.png"?
>
> Per-type edit and view actions are a very important customization point.
> We should not make it harder for people to do that. Per-type actions are
> very common in Plone, I'ld hate to loose them.

Can you point me to some examples? Looking at the default CMFPlone
profile I couldn't find any. Repeated definitions for 'view', 'edit',
'download', 'external_edit', 'history' or 'references' Actions look
quite redundant to me.

Note that a don't propose to give all types the same set of Actions. I
just propose that using Actions with the same ID means using the same
settings. And the target of the Action can be set per type by modifying
the aliases.

Cheers,

	Yuppie