[Zope-CMF] [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCalendar/trunk/setup.py - dependency cleanup

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Feb 16 07:29:41 EST 2009

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I'm wondering, ist it necessary to declare a dependency where we know
> that it is a required dependency for another dependency we already
> declare? Specifically, if CMFDefault is declared as dependency, is it
> necessary to also declare CMFCore because we know CMFDefault already
> declares it?

No. But as Hanno pointed out yesterday, it is good practice to specify
all *direct* dependencies:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-February/034582.html

The Zope2 package is an exception because it represents the Zope 2
platform and ships with a KGS. So direct dependencies on packages Zope2
also depends on should not be specified if Zope2 is specified as dependency.

I thought that was consensus, but if you don't agree I'm fine with
further discussions.

Cheers,

	Yuppie