[Zope-CMF] [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCalendar/trunk/setup.py - dependency cleanup

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Feb 16 07:50:43 EST 2009

Am 16.02.2009 um 13:08 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:

> I'm wondering, ist it necessary to declare a dependency where we know
> that it is a required dependency for another dependency we already
> declare? Specifically, if CMFDefault is declared as dependency, is it
> necessary to also declare CMFCore because we know CMFDefault already
> declares it?

hm, do we always *know* that?

Unless dealing with known behemoths aka Zope2, I'd go with explicit is
better than implicit and expect declarations for any import statement.

Then again I'm still not convinced that the CMF itself isn't a mini-
behemoth to be eaten tail, toenails and all.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20