[Zope-CMF] [dev] .zexp imports and notifyWorkflowCreated

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Feb 25 14:04:39 EST 2009

Previously Tres Seaver wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Charlie Clark wrote:
> >> I realise that but surely the handlers can have a default behaviour
> >> that can be changed depending on the configuration?
> >
> > In my opinion they should not be globally registered at all, but
> > available for registration in a local site manager. CMFDefault could
> > then do that registration for its needs.
>
> You are in the cleft stick created by the paradox of "reusable
> configuration" (an oxymoron, even).  The other alternative is to *not*
> <include/> the configuration from CMFDefault, but copy and tweak it for
> your own app.

Not including CMFDefault is entirely reasonable. There are two problems
though:

- CMFDefault is in the Products namespace, so five will load its zcml
  automatically.

- some of these are in CMFCore (handleDynamicTypeCopiedEvent for
  example, which zaps local roles from copies). Asking people to
  copy CMFCore configuration for a reasonably common use case is
  not desirable imho.

Wichert.