[Zope-CMF] IndexableObjectWrapper

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Mar 18 06:58:48 EDT 2009

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>> But
>> can't we make the adapter lookup in catalog_object optional and wouldn't
>> that make test setups simpler?
>
> Agreed.  I had expected that the catalog would do a queryAdapter, and
> default to the existing wrapper class if not found.

Well. I had expected it would default to the unwrapped object.
Restricted catalog queries rely on allowedRolesAndUsers, but AFAICS it
is not essential for CMFCore that the object is wrapped before cataloged.

The current code on the branch requires the new IIndexableObject
interface. I'm not sure if we should make it required. It makes things
more explicit, but creates an additional burden for simple use cases and
unit tests. It should be sufficient to assume that objects without
registered adapter are indexable unwrapped.

Cheers,

	Yuppie