[Zope-CMF] CMF 2.2 icon_expr vs. content_icon

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 03:07:44 EST 2009

Hi,

What's the reasoning behind having both a content_icon and an icon_expr
property on FTIs in CMF 2.2?

Apart from being really confusing, it seems that DynamicType.getIcon()
returns fti.getIcon() (with some mangling), which returns self.content_icon.

Hence, if you set an icon with icon_expr and leave content_icon,
getIcon() always returns an empty string.

This sounds like a bug to me, but I'm not sure how best to fix it:

  - remove one of content_icon and icon_expr?
  - make TypeInfo.getIcon() check both? If so, which takes precedence?
  - make Dynamictype.getIcon() check both? If so, which takes precedence?

Martin