[Zope-CMF] CMF 2.2.0-alpha: getIcon

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Nov 17 08:41:44 EST 2009

Hi!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 16.11.2009, 18:24 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de>:
>
>> In CMF we always need the absolute URL. Since getIcon() and icon()
>> already have a different meaning and something like
>> getIcon(absolute=True) looks too complicated for the default, I propose
>> to add a new method: getIconURL()
>
>> getIcon() and icon() should get the same behavior as they had in CMF 2.1.
>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> getIconURL() would work for me. I'm not sure if I understand your e-mail
> correctly but we shouldn't be keeping four different ways of accessing the
> icon. Are any of them to be marked as to be deprecated?

AFAICS we need 2 of them in DynamicType:

icon() is part of OFS.interfaces.IItem and should return the URL
relative to BASEPATH1. This is required to show the icons correctly in
the ZMI.

getIconURL() should become part of IDynamicType and return the absolute
URL. This is the only version we need in CMF.

getIcon() is an alias of icon() and could become deprecated. I don't
know if it's worth the effort to mark the 'relative_to_portal' argument
of icon() as well as deprecated.

I already started implementing these changes.

Cheers,

	Yuppie