[Zope-CMF] Products namespace for eggs

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Sep 24 07:52:02 EDT 2009

Am 24.09.09 13:47, schrieb Charlie Clark:
> Am 24.09.2009, 13:43 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>:
>

>> How come? Did I miss something?
>>
> Well - and it's more than likely that I'm mistaken! - eggs allow you to
> define the namespace under which you can find them and for CMF we're
> preserving "Products". And we've opted to keep the from Products.CMF...
> import xyz namespace. I'd prefer from cmf.CMF... import

In my understanding: packages using the Products namespace are subject
to be registered during the startup phase of Zope (using their initialize()
method). And I think there is some other evil path magic within Zope
related to products in general...I think nothing has changed between
Zope 2.11 and 2.12...but I could be wrong.

Andreas