[Zope-CMF] [dev] working on the trunk

yuppie y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Jan 26 10:50:51 EST 2011

Hi!

I'm not happy with the current state of CMF trunk. Especially the
syndication related changes cause trouble in different ways:

- SyndicationInformation was replaced by SyndicationInfo without
providing migration code. Local syndication settings get lost in
existing sites.

- In the ZMI the SyndicationTool no longer has a tab that allows to
inspect and modify tool settings. The form that replaces the ZMI tab is
broken: It uses datetime objects instead of DateTime objects and mixes
them with existing DateTime settings.

Last week I reviewed parts of the new code and fixed some small issues.
But the bigger issues still exist. Based on what I encountered I wrote
this small guide: http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/CMF/trunk/CODINGSTYLE.txt

Please keep the the trunk stable and use your own branch for unfinished
changes.

Cheers,

	Yuppie