[Zope-CMF] [dev] working on the trunk

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Jan 27 09:59:08 EST 2011

Am 26.01.2011, 16:50 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de>:

> I'm not happy with the current state of CMF trunk. Especially the
> syndication related changes cause trouble in different ways:
> - SyndicationInformation was replaced by SyndicationInfo without
> providing migration code. Local syndication settings get lost in
> existing sites.
> - In the ZMI the SyndicationTool no longer has a tab that allows to
> inspect and modify tool settings. The form that replaces the ZMI tab is
> broken: It uses datetime objects instead of DateTime objects and mixes
> them with existing DateTime settings.
> Last week I reviewed parts of the new code and fixed some small issues.
> But the bigger issues still exist. Based on what I encountered I wrote
> this small guide:
> http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/CMF/trunk/CODINGSTYLE.txt
> Please keep the the trunk stable and use your own branch for unfinished
> changes.

I think this applies almost entirely to my work on browser views. Yuppie's
been in touch with me privately but I haven't found time to do the tidying
up.

I agree with nearly all the points. I'm not certain that SchemaAdapters
are always necessary. In my defence I hope it's worth noting that we now
have tests for a heap of stuff in CMFDefault which previously didn't exist.

Regarding SyndicationInfo - I'd appreciate any pointers on writing a
migration step. Given the hopelessly outdated state of the current
implementation I'm not convinced anyone will need to do the migration but
then, of course, one of the aims of CMFDefault is to provide exactly this
kind of example.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark