[Zope-CMF] [dev] member data - a small proposal

yuppie y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jul 28 08:10:46 EDT 2011

Hi!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> - make the related MemberDataTool properties undeletable (only the 6
>> basic ones - of course you can still change and delete all property
>> values and you can add or remove other properties)
>
> +0
>
> I'm not entirely sure what the benefit of that change is?

In many places we use the related member properties. At least the
default MemberAdapter/MemberData implementation uses the MemberDataTool
properties as some kind of schema definition. I'd like to make sure the
6 basic member properties are always available.

E.g. member.getProperty('email') would always work. You don't have to
use member.getProperty('email', '') and in a next step attribute access
(member.email) could be implemented reliable.

Cheers,

	Yuppie