[Zope-CMF] GenericSetup backport

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu May 26 11:15:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be> wrote:
> Would anyone see an issue that I release a Products.GenericSetup 1.4.20
> (or any other big integer) with ZCA registries ?
>
> Smaller 1.4.x numbers could be kept for bug fix releases for CMF 2.1 and
> Plone 3.

That's a really weird way of doing it. And I'm a -1 on that.

Why don't you just cut a branch of GenericSetup 1.4 with your changes
and make a private (vendor) release of it?

Then put the private release up on some Web server serving a flat
directory, including it into the buildout via find-links? We do that
all the time, see for example http://dist.jarn.com/public/

Hanno