[Zope-CMF] 2.3

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Apr 5 15:35:27 UTC 2012

On Apr 5, 2012, at 17:08 , Charlie Clark wrote:

> fuchsia:Products.DCWorkflow charlieclark$ bin/sphinx-build docs tmp
> Running Sphinx v1.1.3
> No builder selected, using default: html
> building [html]: targets for 0 source files that are out of date
> updating environment: 0 added, 2 changed, 1 removed
> Traceback (most recent call last):rkflow
>  File "/Users/charlieclark/Sites/CMF/src/Products.DCWorkflow/eggs/Sphinx-1.1.3-py2.6.egg/sphinx/ext/autodoc.py", line 321, in import_object
>    __import__(self.modname)
>
> I'm using the "CMF-level" api-doc to generate the ReST files. <- I suspect this may be where I'm going wrong but I couldn't see anything in the conf.py or Makefile that looked liked it would work the proper magic.

H Charlie,

Before going any further, please stop that usage pattern. The correct way to build those Sphinx docs is:

- cd into the docs folder
- make sure the sphinx-build script you want to use, which can be either the one inside Products.DCWorkflow or at the toplevel "CMF" package, is in the path and then run "make html":

$ cd docs/
$ PATH="../bin:$PATH" make html

I have a feeling with the way you are doing it you put output and Sphinx build state files for different Sphinx buildouts in one and the same place, which will not work.

jens