[Zope-CMF] Weird UnicodeDecodeError with zope.formlib

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Nov 28 18:12:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

one of my sites has (hopefully) started behaving funny. I have a formlib
driven contact form that is rejecting any input that is not ascii as part
of the validation step of the form:

UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments
to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

I may have got this wrong but I thought inputs into forms could be
considered as unicode and we only had to worry about them when storing
them in case they were being accessed by non-unicode-aware code.

What's really puzzling is that I have almost identical forms on other
sites that don't exhibit this behaviour which makes me think it must be a
configuration error such as the default encoding which is set to utf-8 for
this site.

Any ideas?

Charlie
--